Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

safely remove hardware icon gone from taskbar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Psycho PC

Psycho PC

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

Hey group,

Haven't been on here in ages, but I need a good source for an answer. About a month ago, I was going to eject a flash drive and when I went to click on the icon, it wasn't there. I went into the options where you tell Windows what icons to show and when - and it was set right - to show the icon and notifications.

I have 2 external drives and use flash drives constantly. I'm really afraid of losing some data if I can't get that icon back.

Anybody know how to restore all default icons for the task bar?

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

You can do this:

Open "This PC", right click on the drive, and click "Eject", then you can remove the drive.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:32 AM

Try the following:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/safely-remove-hardware-not-working

#4 Psycho PC

Psycho PC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Thanks to both of you. But believe it or not, the day after that post, my icon was back. Very strange cuz I didn't do anything, run any fixes, nothing!

But I learned something new!

Later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users