Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor will not display anything.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nakna10

nakna10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

Soooo, I just bought a new computer from my friend, and it was working completely fine when he had it, it's a desktop. He reset it and I bought it from him. Then I take it home plug it in and get ready to use it when, the monitor says it isn't picking up a signal from the computer. I thought it was just a simple problem, so what I did is a turned the computer off using the power button. Waited a couple seconds and turned it back on, but it still didn't display anything, I tried 3 different monitors on the computer and none of them worked.I used 4 ports as well, the typical VGA, then the DVI after that I used the other 2 DVI variations with the regular DVI cable and still nothing happened.I'm really confused here. My friend says the computer worked before I got it, and yes I have seen him use it before, it was in great condition. I don't have an HDMI cable to use.The computer is on, lights blaring, fans humming, but the monitor still says there is no signal. I looked on a monitor display forum, and all of the solutions I found seemed a but too much and I don't think that they are the problem. So I was wondering if this has ever happened to someone else.

Edited by nakna10, 03 January 2016 - 02:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:42 AM

Yep! Happen to me too!

Found out that my motherboard had died, according to a PC Techinician.

Had to get a used computer, instead of buying a new motherboard.

#3 azoman113

azoman113

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I have similar problem as above. I bought a new vga-vga cable, unplugged the old one, plugged the new one and... the monitor doesn't display anything. I thought the new cable could be damaged so I unplugged it and plugged back the old one - the monitor still doesn't work. I tested it on two monitors and none of them worked. However the monitors do respond somehow to the new cable - when not connected the monitors would say "check connection"; when I plugged it back, the text wouldn't appear. I don't know what could be the problem. The computer works fine, all cables are connected... Yet the monitor doesn't work. What should I do? Please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users