Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Want Something Like An Im But.......

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iamnottelling

iamnottelling

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

After my gf and I had been hacked I am scared to DEATH (bet you hackers are loving this bit) to use ANY im programs I am at a loss. :thumbsup: I did the reasearch, they ALL have security vunerabilities. I mean it seems to me NONE are safe, all open holes, and to be honest it ticks me off.

I want to be able to communicate with my friends, somehow online. Is there even a chat program that is sorta of safe (i really need completley safe but uh) :flowers:

Any info on this matter would be GREALTY appreciated and I thank you all in advance for your time. :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:42 AM

As long as you confine your IM activities to people you trust, do not click on any URLS or download any unexpected files, most IMs are relatively safe, and none can be singled out as safer than another. I have used MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger for at least four years, and have never had a problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 iamnottelling

iamnottelling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:33 PM

With all due respect John, I dont' think those are the only security breaches. Someone had a program isntalled on my old hacked system that took over yahoo. I had at least used 10 different spyware programs at the time to find it. My normal ones didnt' pick it up. :thumbsup: So as i only had people I knew on it (i dont' participate in dating, chat etc. sites) somehow it got in.

To make matters even better my gf i presume has it too. You shoudl see how she gets hit by attackers on her firewall if we try to talk via yahoo. we tested it. :flowers: And it only happens that bad when she talks to me. Others , nada. :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users