Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Mixing Software

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nzyme

Nzyme

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

Can anyone suggest some good audio player software that can play multiple audio files simultaneously? I need them to play simultaneously and not one after the other. I know audacity can do this but I found that a little complicated. I just need a simple player which can play multiple audio tracks simultaneously. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:49 AM

What you are asking for is complicated by its very nature.  Audacity is about "as simple" as you're going to get if you want multi-track audio.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Hi Nyzme and welcome,

britechguy is correct it would not easy and I don't know of a player that is capable.

So I assume because you mentioned Audacity, you have it (you are right it can be complex)

I'll walk you through it (it took  lot of playing over years to work this out,but so simple)

Open Audacity -> click File -> Import audio-> (new window) find and select your first track -> click open.

that should then display that track   repeat from click File  for your second track  that should now display under track one 

Now the tip press CTRL+A keys on your keyboard (both tracks now highlighted)

Hit the play button (you can add as many tracks as you like, the key is the ctrl+a bit so they play as one)

Hope that helps

Hedge 

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

Thanks Hedge, I am going to have to try that.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

@ Rocky Bennett,

You're very welcome   :thumbup2:

Hedge

#6 Nzyme

Nzyme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:55 AM

Thanks hedgeley for the steps. I think I will stick with Audacity for now :)

#7 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:32 AM

@Nzyme,

You welcome  :thumbup2:

Yes stick with it, it is an amazing tool when you master it (I don't think anybody truly masters it)

Good luck 

Hedge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users