Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Starts but no display on monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arm4139

arm4139

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

Using an old harddrive I had in a previous computer I put it with a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU for a friend to use. The system starts up but there is no display on the monitor, but with a keyboard plugged in it still lights up and will register keys such as caps lock.
The MOBO is M5A78L-MUSB3
GPU is Geforce 560x

CPU is AMD FX 6-core Black edition
I am currently connecting the computer to the monitor using the HDMI port on the motherboard.

Thanks

EDIT
got it to start without a graphics card, though I was able to use the same graphics card in a different computer a few days ago. Guess something happened to it but not sure

Edited by hamluis, 08 January 2016 - 01:51 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

I would clear your cmos by removing a watch-sized battery in the middle of the motherboard and re-inserting it.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Try hooking up to something other then the hdmi port...oftentimes with video cards t
The hdmi is not set up to display as default, at least not until you get the drivers installed. Hook it up to the DVI and see what happens.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users