Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Pro Startup Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Namimimi

Namimimi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:14 AM

Upon pushing the power button of my PC , it starts up normally with the Windows loading splash screen and then the desktop. Seconds after I can see the desktop the PC just turns off. Clicking the power button just flashes the blue led color of the button. After unplugging and putting back power suply cables it worked. This happened about 2 days and I did the same thing with each day the procces of trying to turn it on being slower. I did do a virus scan with malwarebytes it it didn't find anything. Today I try to turn it on, turns on normally and then just powers off again. Unplugging the power suply, waiting, it always turned off after the splashscreen before the desktop with a black screen. I tried going in the boot menu but it wouldn't let me choose anything with the arrow keys, nor did it let me click enter. It just sat there and then turned off itself. Please help me.

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2016 - 10:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trakstarz

Trakstarz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

Try performing hard reset on it

Mod Edit:  OP has not been onsite since 2 Jan - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2016 - 10:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users