Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buy ESET NOD32 Antivirus OR ESETŪ Multi-Device Security Pack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xspeed

xspeed

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:59 AM

Mod Edit:  Merged posts, moved from Gen Security to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

Hi,

I am interested to purchase one of these:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus
or
ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack

Please answer to the next 5 questions:

1. Tell me please, after receiving the CD-KEY from ESET can I activate and start the 365 days license after 3 weeks or 1 month of receiving?

I've done my best(in my available time for it) to find the answer in here: Software End User License Agreement | ESET but I couldn't resolve it.

2. For the ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack, after activating for example one of the 3 license, which is the maximum time to activate the other 2, for their 365 days availability please?

3. Is it possible to start the license after 3 weeks or 1 month after receiving it for ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack if I buy them from any worldwide official ESET shop from ESET :: Select your country please?

4. Tell me please, if I will decide to buy ESET® Multi-Device Security Pack after installing one of the licenses on a Windows device, can I cancel it and install it on a Linux or Android device, or vice versa?

5. Are there any official ESET phone numbers/live chat/e-mail support(answer within a few hours) anywhere in the world speaking English, which are open on Saturday and Sunday too, or 24/7 and can answer to the above 4 questions, or any other technical queries please?

In the last 12 hours I've tried for a few times to chat with them in here: ESET Customer Care

"No support representative is available to handle your session at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

offline-status.png
Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. – 7 p.m. PDT"

I've tried to call a few centers from ESET :: Select your country different countries but no answer anywhere.

11 hours ago I sent e-mails, and fill in web sites contact forms on some official ESET Countries with the questions, but not replay yet. Even on some ESET web sites on the Contact page was written that the technical support is 24/7 available, but now, after 24 hours, no answer yet.

Probably my questions are not a priority for the technical support, or is not their duty at all to help me, and maybe ESET sales departments are responsible to answer to my query, and hopefully they will be available only on Monday.

11 hours ago, I created for the first time an account on https://forum.eset.com

After waiting more that 30 minutes to receive the validation email, I used

"
Resend validation email

Please enter your sign in name below to search for any pending validation requests. If any are found, the email will be resent to the email address you registered with.
"

I enter my "sign in name"

"
Resend validation email

Revalidation Process
Your revalidation request was successful
A revalidation email has been sent to the registered address for that member. Please check your email within the next few minutes - including any 'junk mail' or 'spam' folders you may have.
 "

That first account which I created was on my Gmail.

After waiting one more hour and try for the second time "Resend validation email" I created a new account on my Yahoo! Mail, thinking that Gmail is the reason. 

I've been waiting for one more hour the validation e-mail for this second account too, and use again "Resend validation email" and still no e-mail from ESET neither in Spam on Yahoo! or Gmail either. 

And now, after 11 hours I tried again "Resend validation email" and still nothing. I can't post anything in ESET forums.

When I try https://forum.eset.com/members/

Contact the community administrator

THe message which I received:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

Thank you very much.
Warm regards and a happy new year !

Edited by xspeed, 02 January 2016 - 01:25 PM.
Removed formatting, moved to AV/AM Software - Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Carol.

Carol.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

xspeed,

Just a thought. You indicate there are no support reps presently available. Could this be why ....

ESET North America Support Hours

Last Revised: December 30, 2015

ESET North America will operate on a holiday schedule Thursday, December 31, 2015. Please note our revised hours of operation for this particular date: 5:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST.

In addition, ESET North America will be closed in observance of the New Year holiday Friday, January 1, 2016. Normal business hours will resume on Monday, January 4, 2016, from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PST

http://support.eset.com/alert5767/

Best of luck ..

Carol

#3 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

Thank you very much for your replay Carol,

If you could please read the second part of the first post from this topic. That part was merged by the moderator with the initial post of this topic.

Thank you.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,908 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

With ESET NOD32 Antivirus, a 3-computer pack includes 1 year of antivirus protection for up to 3 separate computers.

ESET Multi-Device Security Pack includes protection for computers, Macs and Android devices.

Which one to purchase depends on your needs.

BTW...during the holidays almost all the major support forums are slow. Helpers are volunteers just like they are here so many are spending time with their families.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

One of your concerns is if you can wait 3 weeks to one month to activate Eset after you purchase it.

The answer to your question is yes, you can activate it whenever you want after you receive the license key.

#6 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

Thank you very much for your answers.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,908 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:06 AM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 ESETVE

ESETVE

• Banned Spammer
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

Hi, in which country are you located on?

#9 xspeed

xspeed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

ESETVE,

I am located in Denmark, I have already bought ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users