Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ads and errors are everywhere!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dathilldoe

dathilldoe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

Hello,

This is my first time being here and honestly I tried to find my problem but i cant, plus i am a little overwhelmed. I am hoping that someone can come and help. i have been dealing with a few troubles after i stupidly downloaded, what i tough was a manual, but mainly they file under 3 problems.

1) i keep getting ads on all the browsers i use. they mainly focus on: help/tech support numbers and companies, anti virus and malware programs like re image and McAfee (even though i already have McAfee), software updates, media players (like free streaming your favorite tv shows and music), and ect.

2) programs are always being installed when i log on to my computer even though i never gave any permission for an install. one popular and repeating one is called KNCTR.

3) every time i log on to my computer i am greeted to error messages. here is the messages i get that started occuring after i downloaded the "manual"

There was a problum starting C:\ Users\victor\App data\

local\Browser Kingdom\{b554592c-b039-boec-5fc6-boeeib2f4c7\

BrowserKingdom

The specific module count not be found

then

external exception 80000003

and also a script error from the browsers that i could not find.

the actions i have taken are 

1) removing the unwanted programs

2) removing files that were related to the file i downloaded

3) running scans on McAfee 

4) i also used all the steps to remove the searching.com browser hijacker because it was the only problem i recognized from the virus removal guides  

i truly need help cause i cant fix these problems still.

Attached File  FRST.txt   136.54KB   8 downloadsAttached File  Addition.txt   83.12KB   5 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Hello and welcome.  Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:

• Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I have given you the ìAll clear.î  Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
  • Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
  • Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within five days this thread will be closed.

icon11.gif  Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup-2.x.x.xxxx.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
    • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    • A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
  • Click Finish.
  • On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
  • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
  • Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
  • If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
  • A Threat Scan will begin.
  • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
  • In most cases, a restart will be required.
  • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
  • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
  • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
  • Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
  • Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.

icon11.gif   Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Please include the following in your next post:

• MBAM log
  • adwCleaner log

Threads are closed after 5 days of inactivity.

ASAP & UNITE Member

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Threads are closed after 5 days of inactivity.

ASAP & UNITE Member

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users