There's several different things that can affect the clone.
- it could be errors in the NTFS file system (which CHKDSK attempts to fix - this is not a hard drive diagnostic)
- it could be a physical problem with the hard drive (hard drive diagnostics can help with this - http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html )
- it could be a problem with the cabling (try resetting the cables or try other cables)
- it could be a problem with the controller/motherboard (the only quick fix for this is to try it on another computer).
- it could be that the cloning software is corrupted - less likely, but still possible. (try fixing it by uinstalling and then installing a freshly downloaded copy)
- and there are many other, less-likely possibilities.
The final assessment is "Does it work?"
Try installing the SSD (and removing the HDD) and see if it works properly.
Post back if you have any problems with it.
Now, I presume that you've done all this and it still doesn't work.
The next step would be Startup Repair.
If that doesn't work, then try System Restore (from the Startup Repair menu) to a point before you changed the winload.exe file
If that doesn't work, then try Reset using the Keep My Files option
and finally, if that doesn't work, then try Reset using the Remove Everything option (backup your stuff first - everything will be lost when you Reset with the Remove Everything option).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.