Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard remapped

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LEGEND123

LEGEND123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

Awhile back, when i was gaming,I noticed that my sound kept turning off and was worried that may have had a virus.So i stopped the game and tried to figure out what was wrong.I then found out that the space bar was lowering the volume. So i downloaded a keyboard remapping programme, thinking that the registry had been corrupted.When even that didn't work i started to experiment with my other keys and found the following:

1) spacebar not only adds a space, it lowers the volume

2.) left and right shifts not only have their original functions, they are also now left and right keys respectively

3.) numlock now increases the volume as well

4.) the number pad 4 is left and shift when numlock is on.When number lock is off, 4 is just left.

5) when numlock is on 8,6 and 2 are directional keys.

6) when numlock is off, jkl become 123, uio become 456

i ran a system scan with panda security, malwarebytes, windows defender and then avast in that order, each came up with a cookie or a pup but nothing solved the issue. (all free versions)

I then booted in safe mode, problem still persisted

tried the keyboard on another computer, it worked fine

finally, i restored the computer to factory settings, still didn't help

at this point i think it is because of a windows update. if that is the case then i do not know how to proceed. the only suggestion given to me so far is to get a new keyboard.

sorry for the lengthy post but anyone who has any clue how to fix this please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users