Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to Understand troubleshooting related to network stuffs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anantwag19

anantwag19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

Hi

I have the below scenario .

Server A (Linux) : Weblogic Server ------------> Points to Datasource --------------->[Oracle Database ]  installed on Server B((Linux).

I want to troubelshoot in this way Whever any application uses database .

I want these traces what time  this Weblogic server has connected via  sockets  on Server B.

for example .

Machine name or i/p ------->Established --->timestamp

not sure if i can acchive using netstat ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:47 AM

look at the output from netstat --inet -n, that will give you protocol type, send/receive q stats, local and remote(foreign) address and the connection state.  That gives you everything but the timestamp.  You may be able to accomplish what you want with some iptables rules on your Server A.  basically pass rules that will match a destination of server B and oracle db port, toss in syn/ack flags and you can get the established state.  Then make that rule log and all you need to do is grep in the log file.  Anything else you would wind up doing some kind of polling (like a script that does a netstat command, greps for the serverb address, sleeps, then repeats) unless there is a configuration option somewhere to have the weblogic server emit events everytime it does a connection to server B.

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users