Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard issue help please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rachelemay1

rachelemay1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:17 AM

Hello my name is Rachele. I have had a custom built PC for about 9 months now. A couple days ago my boyfriend's GPU fried. So we took his out and was going to try mine into his. While this was happening we accidentally scraped my motherboard and the sound was pretty bad. BTW while all of this was happening of course my build was all off. We looked to see for damage but did not see a thing. So we tried to start up my computer. Nothing happened at all. So this should mean nothing else is damaged am I correct? We 100% checked to see if everything was plugged in and no switcheq were turned off. Everything was plugged in. Next thing we tried was to take out my ram and reseat it. That didn't work either. We tried his PSU cables on my motherboard and that did nothing either. I'm about 95% sure this is all a motherboard issue. Should I buy a new motherboard and install it? I appreciate the feedback. Here are my computer specs.  Please help.

Motherboard: Asus z97-A 
Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30 GHz 
Memory: 8GB 
Graphics Card: GTX 680 
Power Supply: Thermaltake 750W 
Monitor: Asus VX238H 60 Hz 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Deep scratch on motherboard may damage layers below top cover. First try your PC with integrated graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users