Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Cnn.com Videos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrVulcan

MrVulcan

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hi all,

I've been having problems within the past couple of months with the videos on cnn.com (the WMP player is used) causing my browser to crash. I use Firefox as my primary browser and the problems first started a few months ago. However, after crashing once, I could simply restart Firefox and the video would play properly. Within the past month or so, this solution no longer works. The videos simply refuse to play and cause the browser to crash every single time I try to play them. I've tried both Firefox and IE and both browsers crash when I click to play the video.

The error is the usual "Firefox/IE has encountered an unexpected error and must close." There's a little more dialog and then it asks me whether or not I want to send a report to Microsoft.

Also, I do not receive this error on any other site that I have visited. On other sites, the video always plays as desired and there is never any type of crash. The problem only occurs when I'm trying to access the videos on cnn.com.

I'm not aware of any particular software changes that might have led to these problems. I have the latest versions of both browsers as well as the lastest version of WMP. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by MrVulcan, 26 July 2006 - 05:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:59 PM

There's a little more dialog

What is the additional dialogue? Knowing this might help pinpoint the problem.

I do not receive this error on any other site that I have visited. On other sites, the video always plays as desired and there is never any type of crash. The problem only occurs when I'm trying to access the videos on cnn.com.

Given that you don't have this problem with any other site, I doubt that the problem is related to your software. It could be that cnn.com has changed its software thus causing the problems.

Question: Have you used cnn.com in the past without problems?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users