Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got new Modem that works with every device except for my PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PFBrucklets

PFBrucklets

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:00 AM

Hey everyone,

I've recently bought and plugged in a new modem after my last one was getting old and slow, and so far it's been working well with all of our home devices... save for my PC.

For some reason it's not recognizing the signal properly. It's meant to be strong, but every time I try to get it up it tells me there's a poor signal and every time I attempt to connect it fails. This should not be the case, as I brought my ipad over to where it was and the signal for that was strong.

The new modem is a Telstra Gateway Max, and my PC runs on Windows 7 and has a Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter installed.

We've been trying to get into touch with our ISP, who have so far offered no help whatsoever and have been wasting our time by bouncing us to different departments when we call them. There should really be an easy way to fix this and I feel like it's staring me in the face.

Would anyone have a single clue as to what the problem I've got is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Could be the wifi adapter is going bad.  What physically is between the router and the pc's wifi?

Download xirrus wifi inspector on to this computer and post a screen shot of what it sees for wifi networks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users