Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting slower internet speeds on one computer in the house.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SamuelBlackwood

SamuelBlackwood

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

I recently upgraded my internet package from 25 mbps to 75 mbps. The problem is on my desktop, I can not get to anywhere near 75 but on all of my other devices I can. Including several iphones, an android, a lenovo thinkpad, and a 2011 macbook pro. The lenovo being the lowest connected at 60 mbps at www.http://speedtest.net/ and the macbook managing up to 81.(What even?) But my handbuilt PC is left in the dust at 30 mbps on a good day ranging all the way down to 8 mbps.

I've troubleshooted to no end: I've read that certain programs will limit connections speeds as to balance them like AMD quick stream and uninstalled anything like that, even ordered a new wireless card in case the old one was broke in some way(it doesnt appear that it was), and manually updated the drives for the old card all to no avail.

Specs:

- AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (Eight Core)
CPU Cooling - Asetek 510LC High Performance Liquid Cooling
- ASUS M5A97 LE [Graphics Card Req.] SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 {4 DDR3 Slots}
Memory - 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Primary Hard Drive - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD Read: 540MB/s Write: 410MB/s
Secondary Hard Drive - 2TB 7200 RPM
Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Power Supply - Standard 700 Watt
Old wireless card: tp link tl-wn781ND
New wireless card: tp link tl-wn751ND

Googling doesnt seem to be helping anymore so I came to this forum.

Thanks in advance, 

Samuel

edit:The router is plugged in via cable and I am connecting wireless. The distance between them is maybe 15 or 20 feet and there is one wall in the way. 

Edited by SamuelBlackwood, 31 December 2015 - 07:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SamuelBlackwood

SamuelBlackwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users