Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 update 1151, 10586 installation stops about 75%!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Freezframe

Freezframe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem! Upon installation of update 1151, 10586 for Pro version is halted at the 75%. Afterwords the system rolls back to the earlier version of Win 10.

Earlier I had problems with video driver for Nvidia Geforce 920m. Where I basically had to force feed this update to my MSI laptop. The laptop would not take update in standard fashion (such as update driver in device manager) I eventually had to download driver from Nvidia site and install it in safe mode. It has work with no problems sense update.

I noticed that this driver (920m) is part of the 1151, 10586 update. Could this be the problem why install stalls at 75%?

Just thought I would put this out there before I did anymore experimenting.

Thanx: Freezframe

Edited by hamluis, 31 December 2015 - 01:40 PM.
Moved from Win 10 Discuss to Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,803 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

Freezframe,

My suggestion, straight out of the box, is to use the Media Creation Tool to create the install media appropriate for your system and in the format you prefer and to try the upgrade using it.  The problem you're having seems to be occurring with shocking regularity, though not with a prevalence such that "everybody's having it," and a number of folks here who've reported similar issues have gotten around it by doing what I'm suggesting.

There may be others who have some other steps they'd suggest first, and you can certainly wait for that input and follow it if you prefer not to go the route I'm suggesting first.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 Freezframe

Freezframe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

This method was definitely going to be my next step( What you suggested)

. I removed the geforce driver and I am trying update again. As for the present the the geforce  update has been sitting at 98% for about 15 minutes. Something not jiving with this particular update. Will do usb install next route.

Thanx: Freezframe

#4 wfallon

wfallon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

1511 through Win UPD was very buggy. Do the ISO and be done with it.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users