Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

red x over laptop battery icon but battery working fine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Firetooth

Firetooth

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

Two days ago a red x appeared in the battery icon in the system tray of my laptop. Aside from the red x, the icon correctly shows if the battery is charging or not, and the percentage of charge remaining. It also shows if the computer is plugged into AC power or not. As far as usage, it seems to be about what I am used to, ie battery charge lasts around 2 hours. When I put the cursor over the icon a balloon says "consider replacing your battery".

In other laptops I have owned, there was a program that showed the status of the battery life but I cannot find this on the present computer.

I am posting in internal hardware because there is either a problem with the battery or with the sensor or display.

If anyone has experience with this situation I would like to hear about it. Also I'd like to know if there is a good program I could install to check the battery life. A red x does not really tell me very much.

Thanks!

Lenovo Thinkpad X200, Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Avast, Malwarebytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users