Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd (read Problem)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Treikayan

Treikayan

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:25 PM

Hello,

I saw a topic on DVD problems in the list, however, my problem is of a different nature. It seems that I can watch SOME DVD's but not all DVD's. Ok, here is a strange one. I'm watching my DVD collection of X-Files. For the most part they work, but some don't. The drive isn't reading them at all. All the discs are clean and from the same collection, so why won't some of them work? This is annoying, since I'm watching the collection all as a whole.

Here are some specs on my DVD drive.

Drive I:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded No
Media Type CD-ROM
Name PHILIPS CDD5301
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate Not Available
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMPHILIPS_CDD5301_________________________H1.1____\5635304F31334433345531323139202020202020
Driver d:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), 48.38 KB (49,536 bytes), 8/4/2004 08:00)

I've tried looking up information on Philips but I can't locate any real good resource or solution to fix this problem. I have the proper codec downloaded to view DVD's also.

So what's up? :thumbsup:
Procrastinate Now!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

what are you using as a player for the DVDs?(program)

I have had problems with some players not working with all movies on my room-mates laptop for some reason or other.

Also if the DVD drive is a little old you may want to get a DVD cleaner kit.

#3 Treikayan

Treikayan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:48 PM

InterVideo X Pack. I'll look into the DVD cleaner kit too. It is a bit old. I'll post back here if it works (or doesn't). Heh.
Procrastinate Now!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users