Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird audio levels on new laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Snowhart

Snowhart

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:46 AM

So I got this new laptop for Christmas, and don't get me wrong, it's phenomenal. It's a Dell Inspiron 7559 running Windows 10. The sound is loud and clear on the speakers, with a surprisingly present bass frequency. The problem is though, when I plug in any headphones, the audio gets all weird. The bass seems to be boosted and muffled at the same time, and all vocal frequencies get an aggravating slight reverb, which sounds more like the audio echoes itself after a few milliseconds delay. It's atrocious. I downloaded a youtube video (A Zero Punctuation one, but that's not important) and imported it into FL Studio (a music writing program), which didn't seem to have any problems before on this laptop. The issue still persisted, however. I changed FL Studio's audio driver from the default system driver to the virtual ASIO4ALL driver, and the problem simply stopped. The audio file I imported sounded exactly like it should on any other device. Nice and clear.

I've restarted my computer multiple times, to no avail, and tried messing around in the soundcard settings, using the built in "enhancements" to try to muffle the reverb, but it just made everything sound like it was underwater.

So basically my issue is that I either need to get a custom audio driver or a virtual one like ASIO4ALL that can run on the whole system.

Any leads?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JacobVR

JacobVR

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

Do you have an audio processing/control program installed, like Realtek? Maybe this will help 

Edited by JacobVR, 08 January 2016 - 09:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users