Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop suddenly stopped connecting to wireless network

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 galmoughraby

galmoughraby

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

Hi, there. My laptop stopped connecting to my home wifi a few days ago. We have AT&T U-verse, and we noticed that none of our connected devices were working. After I rebooted the router, everything connected again, except for my laptop. Here are things I've observed since:
  • I can see the network name, but it won't connect.
  • Other devices can connect with no problems.
  • I have rebooted the router a couple of times.
  • I've rebooted my computer many times.
  • Checked for Malware using Malware Bytes, found nothing.
  • Deleted the wifi profile for my home network and added it again
  • Updated wireles drivers, and it didn't help.
  • Unfortunately, I didn't save any restore points from before my wifi stopped working, so I can't do a system restore.
  • There were no major windows updates from around the time wireless stopped working (besides MS Security Essentials definitions)
  • I am able to connect via ethernet cable, connected directly to the router.

Can anyone recommend anything else that I can try? Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:00 PM

G'day galmoughraby, and Welcome to BC.

Try these.

credit quietman7 ...All possibilities for lost internet connection

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563709/cannot-connect-to-internet-browsers-after-using-awdcleaner/#entry3600427

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 galmoughraby

galmoughraby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

Aha! Step 4 worked for me. THANK YOU so much!

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:11 AM

My pleasure.

Have you had any signs of malware/adware/ unusual behavior recently ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 galmoughraby

galmoughraby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:18 AM

No, I haven't. I ran Malware Bytes just to make sure, but it didn't find anything.

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:27 AM

ok....all good.

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users