Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Password Windows Xp Pro Need Help Please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scotty38

scotty38

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:36 PM

To cut a long story short i am having problems trying to instal a printer on my mums pc but we cant remember the administrator password i wanted to try repairing windows rather than reformat the pc as the only problem i have is installing a printer this is a genuine windows disc and code just asking here on the the off chance that i can get the password as i don't really want the hassle of a reinstal as i am building her a new pc soon

thanks in advance to anyone that can help

scotty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

Is your mum a Computer Administrator or has she got a limited account? If she is a Administrator you can reset the Administrator's password.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 scotty38

scotty38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:26 PM

Is your mum a Computer Administrator or has she got a limited account? If she is a Administrator you can reset the Administrator's password.

I set the computer up for my mum about 2 years back and my mums account is set as administrator but when i try to repair xp i have to log in on the main administrator account and we have lost the password

When i go to ControlPanel/User Accounts i get Computer administrator (my mums name) & Guest account (is off) but no main Administrator account as i thought i could change it in there so any help would be most appreciated

thanks for your reply

scotty

#4 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:28 PM

Logon as your mum and set the Administrator password using Computer Management.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#5 scotty38

scotty38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:59 PM

Ok i am having a blond moment now i am in computer management but i cant find the way to change the password

sorry to be a pain and thanks for the fast reply

scotty

#6 scotty38

scotty38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

Ok i am having a blond moment now i am in computer management but i cant find the way to change the password

sorry to be a pain and thanks for the fast reply

scotty

Its ok now i found it thanks so much you are a star saved me reformatting

scotty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users