I've had a series of problems starting my HP laptop (dv6t-7000) as it gives me a BSOD on startup. I do have Bitlocker setup (due to corporate requirements). I've gotten two main errors, both PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, followed by either (NTFS.sys) or (iaStorAV.sys). Here are the things I've tried and the various errors I've received.
- If I go through my normal bootup process, I get my blue BitLocker screen that I'm used to.
- If I enter my password like normal, I get the NTFS.sys error.
- If I enter BitLocker recovery (press ESC at blue BitLocker screen), after entering my recovery key, it gives me a blue Recovery screen similar to the BitLocker one, but with an error of 0xc0000001.
- If I enter the startup menu (hitting ESC at startup) and enter system recovery (F11), it brings me to another blue BitLocker screen.
- If I enter my password like normal, I get the same 0xc0000001 error.
- If I enter BitLocker recovery, I get the same NTFS.sys error.
- If I startup from a Windows 10 installation disk (from the Media Creation tool), I can either choose Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive or the same with (UEFI). Both selections give me the samePAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error with (iaStorAV.sys).
I've run some of the diagnostics from the startup menu (the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version 126.96.36.199 - BIOS). The Memory Test passed, and I'm currently running the Long Hard Drive test but it'll be taking a couple hours.
I'm really at a loss here and I'm not sure what else to do. I've done some research and figure I need to run a chkdsk or something like that, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that since I can't get into any semblance of a UI. Any help would be greatly appreciated!