Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to restore a deleted user account

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bob1212

bob1212

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

I recently got hold of my old computer, but the files from the user account I want was deleted. (It wasn't administrative)

If I show hidden files I can see the old folder where it was along with other deleted user accounts, but nothing is contained in them save for one folder (which I can't remember what it was now)

So anyway to get those files back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

Depending on how long the account has been deleted, you can try Recuva but I would use the portable version on a USB flash drive. Do not recover the files back to the hard drive as that could make things worse. The longer the hard drive has been written to the the less chance you will have of recovering your files intact.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users