Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time To Give Aol The Boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pink panther

pink panther

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

They finely got cable inernet out to my part of the woods. :thumbsup: Now
its time to get rid of Aol dialup. :flowers: I've heard all kinds of horror
stories form people trying to get off Aol.

Do any of you know of tips, tricks, or secerts to make it
easier to cancel my Aol service. :inlove:

All suggestions will be appreciated. :trumpet:

PP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smokey99908

smokey99908

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

I cancelled yesterday, very quickly, because they just announced "Aol servoce" is free if you have broadband and dont access directly.

#3 Seth_z

Seth_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

They finely got cable inernet out to my part of the woods. :inlove: Now
its time to get rid of Aol dialup. :thumbsup: I've heard all kinds of horror
stories form people trying to get off Aol.

Do any of you know of tips, tricks, or secerts to make it
easier to cancel my Aol service. :cool:

All suggestions will be appreciated. :flowers:

PP

If you have it on your charge card watch it VERY closely after you "cancel" <-- quotes there because 4 people I know canceled...and were told it was all set and then charged them again for about 5 months until they FINALLY stopped charing them, now they get a billion CDs and stuff wanting them back. Oh and they wouldn't give them any money back for those 5months they canceled.

And good luck removing it from your computer lol, I tried stopping some of AOLs process that weren't needed at the time, and I got a pop-up window saying something like "AOL has detected that one of it's process has been accidently terminated, we are restarting it for you" I guess me hitting end process was and accident... Someone told me (can't confirm this) that if you don't un-install it in the right order, it just replaces what you delete and tries to claim it's helping you out.

So the big thing to do, Watch and make sure they STOP charging you after you cancel! and If they don't, send a complaint to the BBB I think they must really like those letters from them :-|

EDIT: I know some people love AOL I'm just posting my experiences and those of serveal friends, teachers, classmates, Co-workers, etc... AOL does work ok for some people and not everyone has a problem canceling just almost everyone :trumpet: jk

Edited by Seth_z, 04 August 2006 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users