Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Climate Change Educated Facts!

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:31 AM

Here is a fact based, climate change, video that illustrates in simple terms climate change.
It is narrated by Patrick Moore the co-founder of Green Peace!
This is what I have been saying for many years now.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/environmental-science/what-they-havent-told-you-about-climate-change#.Vc4sj_lViko

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum, due to the potential for passionate debate. ~ Animal

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

I don't like Greenpeace, because they are willing to let poor people starve by impeding the progress of biotechnology (namely, GMOs).

Where these facts come from, I don't know. Maybe if they can present research papers where they got it from?

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

While I agree with sintharius I can't stand Greenpeace, they're a bunch of communists, they are right. Climate change is a natural part of this earth and its natural. It's rather arrogant to think we can have the huge effect that the global warming people tell us. And, fact is globally its cooler now then in the past. Global warming is a farce.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,119 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

The link below over shadows the nonsense of climate control.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

#5 Superblynotsuper

Superblynotsuper

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

Here in Australia, in a tableland region we are having a very cool summer with a lot of rain. The fields are green that should be brown and dry. The deciduous trees are confused and are starting to brown off as if it is autumn. We have Feb left of summer and March is typically hot as well. The frosts just like last year will come sooner than winter and this is a sign of climate change for this area. The last two summers have been cool and wet. How long this change lasts I don't know.

#6 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:45 PM

Well where i live in Townsville is the driest on record. We are runing out of water and it doesnt look like we are going to get a wet season either.

Climate does change and thats a fact, we had ice ages before and we will have them in the future, the real problem is human evolution just making it happen faster.

For me its the new religion, great idea and sounds awesome but the problem is people start pushing their own views/agenda on others using the doctrine as evidence when it hasn't even been proven.

All ways comes down to the all mighty $, privatize the profit and socialize the losses. Maybe put the tin foil hat on and watch the movie zeitgeist.

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:38 PM

Cutting down all the trees and burning fossil fuels have no impact on the environment at all, 7 billion people plague swarming on the planet is irrelevant... not.

Come on guys, use your brains! 97% of climate scientists agree that we are having a detrimental effect on the environment yet people listen to spokes-people and "experts" rather than actual scientists. The only thing worse than these spokespeople is social justice warriors imho.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-global-warming.htm

http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/global-warming/science-and-impacts/global-warming-science

It's like when tobacco lobbyists were saying tobacco's not bad for you but the scientists had evidence and disagreed. Everyone listened to the lobbyists, millions died.

Same deal.

#8 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

I would have to concede with your opinion after all there so many humans on the planet and we pour so much crap into our atmosphere how can we not have an impact on our environment? It's the same thing when people were complaining about the ozone layer nobody believed it until people started to getting skin cancer. By the time that everybody agrees that as a race we are responsible for the planet we live on it's today it's far too late to change the way things are and our planet becomes uninhabitable by our own hands. Now I will concede that yes the planet does undergro climate change on its own as it's happened before with the Ice Age but we're certainly not helping things out by pouring carbons and pollutants into the air

Edited by MadmanRB, 11 February 2016 - 12:13 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#9 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,119 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

There should be -0- doubt we are polluting the planet, I doubt very much if it can be fully reversed.  The ice caps have been building for many years, one case in point in this link: http://www.nytimes.com/1988/08/04/us/world-war-ii-planes-found-in-greenland-in-ice-260-feet-deep.html

One thing that should be of greater concern is Fukushima, if one takes the time they will find the damage already done with more to come from its plume.  They are now saying it may be 40 years before it is cleaned up, try a few searches you will find 20+% rise in thyroid cancer in children on the west coast.  Signs of Several sites say do not eat fish from the Pacific, also raised levels of radiation on the east coast.  From Oregon all the way down to Chile the radiation reading have increased, one site states 14.000 US lives have been lost doe to Fukushima.  The US Gov is keeping quiet on the issue as it could cause a bit of a panic!

#10 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

On Feb 11 Old Phil said " One site states that 14,000 US lives have been lost due to Fujushima.".

Old Phil, I doubt neither your sincerity nor your convictions, but perhaps you could give the link ?

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 February 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#11 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:16 PM

There are so many "FACTS"  floating around out there in the media, and NONE hold any water.   How long have we as humans be examining this planet.  And how long have we had the technology to really accurately measure anything.  Observations of the past have to be taken with a grain of salt and a lot of inaccuracies have to be considered.  One thing is sure, change is what brought us to this point and it won't stop, the entire planet is in a state of constant change.  What we have to do is learn to live with what we have, plan for the worst, hope for the best.  We have to adapt to the changing world around us, not change the world to suit us.

#12 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,119 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/12/study-fukushima-radiation-has-already-killed-14000-americans.html

There are many obscure sites in the five pages that come up in a Goolge search!

#13 DouglasL

DouglasL

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:10 AM

The only fact about 'climate change' that is fact is that the climate changes. Always has and always will. While human activity may have a slight impact on the climate it is a very small impact. By far, the greatest impacts are from nature itself in the form of volcanoes ocean currents and the orbit of the Earth. All of these things change and have a much greater impact than man could ever have.

I saw reference to the 97% consensus meme. The study that came up with this number has been thoroughly debunked and the actual number is more like less than 3%. 

I also saw reference to the hole in the ozone. This 'hole' wasn't found until we had the technology to find it. Whose to say that it hasn't always been there and we just lacked the means to find it?

Back when the ozone hole was found it was nothing but doom and gloom predictions and none of them panned out. It is the same with the climate change doom and gloom. All these predictions that have been made have yet to come about. The poles still have ice and it is increasing by the year. The global temperature has not increased in almost 20 years. Hurricanes have not increased in frequency or strength. The ocean currents did not come to a screeching halt.

There is one big question I have yet see answered and that is, what exactly is the optimum mean temperature of the Earth supposed to be? If this question can't be answered then how can anyone claim that a warming of the planet isn't a good thing. Look at life an this planet. Most of it, including humans, are much better equipped to exist in warmer climates than colder climates.

#14 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

A lot of the predictions are based upon the input of researchers to the data base from which the predictions are made.  If those inputs get skewed in any way, by inaccurate measuring methods, out of date info, also deemed inaccurate, and the computer models used to present the data in a meaningful way.  Too many variables to do any accurate prediction.  An mother nature has a way of cleaning up her messes, our created events are minute compared to what has happened in the past and we're still here.   I have to call in serious doubt the report of ANY deaths here in the US from the events in Fukushima, Japan.

#15 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such blatant misinformation DouglasL

DouglasL said

The only fact about 'climate change' that is fact is that the climate changes. Always has and always will. While human activity may have a slight impact on the climate it is a very small impact. By far, the greatest impacts are from nature itself in the form of volcanoes ocean currents and the orbit of the Earth. All of these things change and have a much greater impact than man could ever have.

----------------------------------

True enough, a single volcano eruption could end life on earth as we know it. But that's not happening right now in the same scale as we are changing the atmosphere.

DouglasL said

I saw reference to the 97% consensus meme. The study that came up with this number has been thoroughly debunked and the actual number is more like less than 3%.

You need to spend less time on Facebook. The 97% consensus comes from the results of 2000 peer reviewed scientific papers between 1991 and 2011, not a meme. It cannot be debunked, it is fact.

DouglasL said

I also saw reference to the hole in the ozone. This 'hole' wasn't found until we had the technology to find it. Whose to say that it hasn't always been there and we just lacked the means to find it?

--------------------------------

I was in Western Australia in those years when it was at its worst. (one of the worst effected places) The incidence of skin and eye cancer spiked tremendously. Fortunately we have stopped releasing CFC's which were causing the issue and it is rectifying slowly but surely. I recommend you read before you write.

DouglasL said

Back when the ozone hole was found it was nothing but doom and gloom predictions and none of them panned out. It is the same with the climate change doom and gloom. All these predictions that have been made have yet to come about. The poles still have ice and it is increasing by the year. The global temperature has not increased in almost 20 years. Hurricanes have not increased in frequency or strength. The ocean currents did not come to a screeching halt.

Did you just make all of this up? Or maybe listened to some guy on the TV or Facebook? Apart from the ocean currents coming to a screeching halt (which is obviously impossible) everything else in this statement is blatantly false. Do some research before you write. Do some actual research and stop parroting.

DouglasL said

There is one big question I have yet see answered and that is, what exactly is the optimum mean temperature of the Earth supposed to be? If this question can't be answered then how can anyone claim that a warming of the planet isn't a good thing. Look at life an this planet. Most of it, including humans, are much better equipped to exist in warmer climates than colder climates.

------------------------

Just may be that we would do fine with the land being slightly warmer... But not the oceans. That is the real problem, coupled with acidification. The food chain is being broken from the bottom.

We can be sure that the earth will cleanse itself of us, like it has done with so may other ecologies in the last 5 billion years. So it would be audacious to think that we are actually destroying the earth because we are not. But we are speeding up this ecological cycle and bring the end of life as we know it closer, at an exponential rate. That's all.

Edited by TsVk!, 15 February 2016 - 05:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users