Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to computers please help!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 samim862

samim862

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

My brother and I are long time console gamers ps4 ps3 you know, anyways we recently bought the computer linked here for video editing,

http://m.newegg.com/Product/Details?itemnumber=83-158-7...

I was told that this was a decent gaming computer so I looked into it. Reading about ram and cpu and stuff is literally like reading a different language... I know. Sad right? 2015 and I'm new to computers. I want to play dayz so bad. So is my computer able to play this game???
here's the Arma 2 requirements,

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_System_Requ...

Thanks much!! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:19 AM

G'day samim862, and Welcome to BC.

The link you have provided do not lead to a particular computer and the second link does not show the requirements for a specific game

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:16 AM

Perhaps it's not his fault, it looks like the forum software has truncated his links.

#4 samim862

samim862
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:01 AM

Im sorry the links were butchered,

computer model number is I3656-8022RED amd radeon hd r9, 

ArmA II Minimum Requirements

CPU:Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or fasterCPU 

Speed:Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster

RAM:1 GBOS:Windows XP or VistaVideo Card:NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

From looking at the specs it should be very capable running games.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

THIS   is your PC

I dont think the cpu is quick enough. Remember the game specs are minimums

Does this game have any dramas with windows 10 ?...I am not a 'gamer'.....so you will have to rely on others to answer that

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users