Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Envy 6 1105-DX Overheating Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LegionSMKZ

LegionSMKZ

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

Okay, so as a fellow tech I well understand that HP loves to release laptops with known overheating issues. From my knowledge the Envy series is just as bad as the DV series....

SO! I have an HP Envy 6 1105-DX laptop here. Great specs, horrible ventilation. The temps AVG. 64-68C between Temp1 and 55-60C GPU (The APU installed).

I have tried new TIM (Antec Formula 7) as well as verifying all vents, heatsink, and dissipation ventilation is clean and clear. Although, the temps stay the same.

Is this a known unfixable problem? APU requiring too much voltage for the cooling system? Basic research has shown this laptop sucks with overheating issues and it seems like there isn't a known fix. The unit also has a clean install of Windows 7 Professional x64. So we can eliminate infections causing high temps.

Drop your comments, lets see what everyone's got to throw in on this topic. Thanks

-Jesse

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

Those temps aren't too bad... unless it is thermal throttling. You could put your laptop on a cooling table, other than that there's not much you can do.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 LegionSMKZ

LegionSMKZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:28 AM

Those temps aren't too bad... unless it is thermal throttling. You could put your laptop on a cooling table, other than that there's not much you can do.

Unfortunately AND fortunately it's not my laptop. It's a service piece for a business client. Normal temps for this laptop should idle around 40-50C. I guess this is as good as it will get for him unfortunately. Terrible model architechture for heat management, the only fan port is on the bottom with the Beats symbol over it. Can't allow much airflow that way.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

Here's an idea...

cooler_zpslrfrzt3l.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 LegionSMKZ

LegionSMKZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

Here's an idea...

cooler_zpslrfrzt3l.png

I 100% approve!  :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic