Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Video to Laptop)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 moota1514

moota1514

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

Hi i have a samsung galaxy s5 can someone tell me the best way to transfer x2 videos ive taken and put them on my laptop Dell xps 15 (L502x)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mr.meyer

mr.meyer

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

I use usb port,   fone to comp,   drag and drop.

#3 moota1514

moota1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

I use usb port,   fone to comp,   drag and drop.

Hi thanks for your kind help is usb port a program i have to download

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

moota1514,

No, your device has a microUSB port (which is also where the charger plugs in) and probably should have come with a microUSB to USB-B cable (USB-B is the flat rectangular USB style that most people think of when someone says USB).

If you connect the device to your computer via USB it should be recognized as an external device and Windows will recognize its internal storage just like it does for any other external drive.  All you do is then locate those videos on the device's internal storage and copy them over to the PC by whatever method you typically use, be that drag and drop, copy and paste, or cut and paste (if you wish to remove them from the device and have them only on the PC).

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#5 mr.meyer

mr.meyer

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

moota1514,

Sorry, I should have explained better but when I saw you had 86 posts, assumed you had some knowledge of computers. (there I go assuming again) < SHAME ON ME.    Glad Brian explained it better for you.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

moota1514,

Sorry, I should have explained better but when I saw you had 86 posts, assumed you had some knowledge of computers. (there I go assuming again) < SHAME ON ME.    Glad Brian explained it better for you.

Mr. Meyer,

Reasonable presumptions have to be made or we'd all fall into piles of babbling madness within an hour.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#7 moota1514

moota1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:24 AM

Thanks all sorted thanks for kind help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users