Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Sync Bookmarks ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:07 AM

I set up Firefox Sync  Bookmarks on my PC where and how do I get my Bookmarks which are being synced and saved ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

I'm not quite certain what you mean by "how do *I* get" in this context.  These are not saved for direct user access, but for access by Firefox itself.

If you are using Firefox on another computer (or even a separate account on the same computer such that Firefox runs a completely separate instance of itself) and open Sync preferences to log in with the Firefox account you created, all of your Bookmarks, add-ons, etc., will be "instantly" (however long it takes, which isn't all that long) synchronized to the Firefox session you're using at that moment.

The one thing you need to remember is if you did log in to your Sync account on a computer that isn't yours and that you don't intend to use again that you have to go back to the Sync options screen at the end and disconnect.  Otherwise your sync account remains logged in for that instance of Firefox when whoever uses it next starts it up (because that information is saved in the user profile for that person) and if they start adding, deleting, etc., it will sync back, and most of us don't want that.

This is one reason that I generally only log in to my sync account on instances of Firefox that run under a dedicated Windows account for me on various machines.  I know that if I did this temporarily somewhere else I'd likely walk away without disconnecting the sync account and that could wreak havoc.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users