Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Sync Bookmarks ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:53 AM

I set up Firefox Sync  Bookmarks on my PC where and how do I get my Bookmarks which are being synced and saved ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:48 AM

There is a section here at Bleeping Computer about web browsers. You might have better luck posting your question there.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 joseftriumf

joseftriumf

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

Here is that Video :

https://youtu.be/wSVJrWzoq7E

And Here is three solutions:

1. Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks -> Import & Backup - Restore - Choose File...
  2. The Firefox Sync add-on is mainly used to synchronize bookmarks, passwords, history, open tabs and some preference between different computers. It can also be used if you have a new computer to download all of the data on the Firefox Sync servers onto the new computer, which effectively works like an online backup of your data. For more details on using it see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/what-firefox-sync
  3. If you are replacing that old, crashed computer, you might be able to access all your stored data if you mount the old hard drive in a USB Enclosure and plug it into the new PC as an external drive.

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Recovering+important+data+from+an+old+profile

Your old Profile is located here in Win XP and W2K:

drive:\Documents and Settings\Windows login user name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile_name

Take a llook at : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/restore-bookmarks-from-backup-or-move-them

Good luck 

Edited by joseftriumf, 29 December 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#4 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

I guess what I am looking for is a good add on back up bookmarks for Firefox anyone know the add on FEBE ?

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,144 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:38 PM

sportman12,

Sync does what you're looking for.  All of the things you choose to sync are stored out on the Cloud.  You can get a brand new computer, go to someone else's computer, or whatever and if you log in to the sync feature of Firefox you will have everything brought right back.  I already covered this for you in the thread that's on the appropriate forum for this question.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#6 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:48 PM

I guess what I am looking for is a good add on back up bookmarks for my computer only for  Firefox anyone know the add on FEBE ?

#7 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

Tried FEBE and it's not bad. However, Firefox can do it without add-ons, and all info has been provided above in detail.

Please note that you're also getting help here.

Edited by Phantom010, 29 December 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#8 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

I want something automatically backs up bookmarks

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,144 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

I want something automatically backs up bookmarks

You already have it.   That's PRECISELY WHAT THE SYNC FUNCTION DOES.  There is no way to keep explaining that to you and no one should have to.

You can lead a horse to water . . .

P.S. to Phantom010:  I can't for the life of me understand how the poster at the other site can make the claim that sync "doesn't back up" bookmarks.  It backs up everything that you tell it to related to Firefox, well beyond just bookmarks, in the Cloud.  Your computer could explode and as soon as you log in to Firefox sync on its replacement they ALL come back.   I guess one could argue that because any changes you make on one sync-ed instance of Firefox will propagate across all the others you use it isn't a backup, but that's a mighty thin argument.

Edited by britechguy, 29 December 2015 - 03:08 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#10 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

Firefox automatically backs up bookmarks and saves the last 10 backups.

The link provided in post #3 is pretty straightforward. You don't really need an add-on to do what Firefox already does nicely. I think what you're looking for is not Sync.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/restore-bookmarks-from-backup-or-move-them

Edited by Phantom010, 29 December 2015 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users