Bleeping Computer Members,
I have a Windows 7 Professional 32-bit computer (4 GB of RAM, Core i3 2.93 GHz, 750 GB HDD) I had built a couple of years ago that has recently started having issues. I will be operating my computer such as browsing the web and listening to music when all of the sudden the active application (one currently on) tries to refresh constantly. I can switch between applications and the issue then jumps to that application where it starts to refresh constantly. When I open Task Manager, I see the CPU usage constantly jumping from 0% to 90% and the Memory seems to be unaffected. Interestingly, the CPU Usage History window will scroll through very quickly. Sometimes the computer will resolve itself; oftentimes, however, I need to reboot the computer.
I'll leave bullet points of what I've tried in troubleshooting this issue.
- I don't recall installing any new software since this has started
- It's not limited to any web browser or application that I'm aware of
- I haven't noticed any "triggers" but I'm mostly browsing the web when the issue happens
- I have scanned with Avira and Malwarebytes in Safe Mode with results always clean
- It affects all user accounts
- When viewing the Task Manager, Processes tab, the application that I'm currently active on is the one that jumps to the top
- I don't see any activity in the Networking tab of the Task Manager
I would very much appreciate assistance on this. Thank you!
Edited by hike2climb, 28 December 2015 - 06:02 PM.