Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't establish connection to old Linksys WRT300N V1 after resetting.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JohnnyWonder

JohnnyWonder

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

I did a 30,30,30 reset on the device and reset the device on the online configuration page.  Now I don't have a wireless signal and there is not a "Wireless" or "Wi-Fi" option available in the online configuration page.  The old user id and password for the page are still working, but the default password, "admin" takes me to a blank page.

I did all of this bc my internet speed is less than 50% of what it should be.  The local service provider said that I should download the latest firmware (this device is no longer supported) and set up security (I live in the country where others can't pick up my signal so haven't worried about this bc I am busy) as that sometimes improves speed.  The technician I talked to said that my device, despite being old, was capable of delivering the 50 Mbps I should be receiving and that while purchasing a newer router would help, it wasn't exactly necessary.  While consume more if it isn't necessary?

Now, I am in a pickle to say the least.  Please, somebody help!  Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 22 January 2016 - 06:33 AM.
Moved from Mac OS to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyWonder

JohnnyWonder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

Also, I believe my friend, when he set up the modem several years ago reprogrammed the device to run "openwrt" due to the device no longer being supported. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users