Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Mobo, CPU RAM, optimizing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DamonWV

DamonWV

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

I just bought a Motherboard. ASUS Z170-AR LGA 1151 Motherboard.
my RAM is Crucial 8gb 2x4 DRR4 2666
My CPU is Intel Core I5-6600k Unlocked

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Premium, I plan on doing the free upgrade to windows 10

My question is straight forward. In the BIOS, and also on the Motherboard what all should, or can I do to optimize it for Gaming?

I did use the EZmode set up wizard in the BIOS to change it to more of a gaming build. Now when the computer boots up it says 22% Overclocked.

I would like to know how I can research what all the best optimal settings I can do with this build?
There are physical switches on the motherboard it self,
EZ XMP switch
TPU switch ( I think this switch had 3 settings, off, I, II.

If anyone has time perhaps answer a few more questions not related to overclocking.

I also would like to know my SATA Interface, there are many places to plug in to the SATA slots. One of them says OS ( im assuming that is my main one that my OS is on. That would be my SSD 250gb.
When loading the fresh installation of Windows 7 this morning, I noticed that the computer made a partition and another drive, D: drive and on it it says System reserved (100mb allocated), and it contains a file named Boot with many files in it.

When I load up my computer is loads a screen that says Windows 7, and then under it it also has windows 7.. like its asking me which one i want to load up. I do have another HD hooked up, but there is nothing on it. ( I read some where that said make sure there are no other drives hooked up when installing your OS so the computer doesnt get confused)

I only have a DVD drive, SSD sata, and a HD sata. I want to make sure I have them plugged in the optimal ports also.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

There is very little you can do other than overclocking your cpu to help performance. You could turn xmp on but that won't make a huge difference. In windows you could overclock your gpu with a program such as msi afterburner.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users