Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

start up music and ads

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paljack

paljack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

when i start up windows 10  I get music and pictures

if i do not use computer after 3 to 5 minutes the music re appears and pictures

am computer idiot, can not find way to shut this off. searched thru cortina and bing

what is the simple way to do this, please explain it so dummy like myself can complete the task.

was told it may be in start up menu, but do not know what program/app this is called so i can delete or shut it off

thanks

paljack

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

What kind of music is it? does it have anything to do with Windows?

Sounds like you have Malware

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

I have advised this poster to use the website recently documented in the "Other Applications" forum for recording Skype calls and to post those results so that we have some idea of what's occurring.

I, like you Norseman143, believe that "something evil this way comes" that has absolutely nothing to do with Windows 10.  This problem is just too "off the charts" to be something from the OS.

Edited by britechguy, 28 December 2015 - 06:13 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users