Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Antivirus Antimalware for offline users

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kwtsos

kwtsos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:10 AM

I am working in a company that manages vessels. The vessels have no internet access, but they are often affected by viruses from usb flash drives.

Can someone please advise, which is the most appropriate and powerfull antivirus for this situation?

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

Hi kwtsos :)

I just want to ask you something: what do you plan to do to keep the Antivirus and Antimalware up-to-date in its definitions? As soon as your security software database is outdated, the program practically becomes useless when it comes to new threats. So what will you do? Update the definitions manually? How? How many times a day? Like there's no best Antivirus and Antimalware, there's no best "offline Antivirus and Antimalware" software.

Edited by Aura, 28 December 2015 - 11:37 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:51 AM

I am working in a company that manages vessels. The vessels have no internet access, but they are often affected by viruses from usb flash drives.

Can someone please advise, which is the most appropriate and powerfull antivirus for this situation?

Thank you in advance.

try MC Shield , an AV especially designed for USB and removable drives

Emsisoft Community Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users