Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome Developer Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Supercloud15

Supercloud15

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:38 AM

So when i first turned this on and started doing commands it told me to set a passphrase, after which it engaged in about 5 minutes of Receiving Validating and Unpacking data. Is this normal? Should i let it do whatever it's doing? I didn't close it in fear i would break my computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,096 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:42 AM

@Supercloud15, :welcome:  

You will have much better luck getting feedback if you post more information.

For starters, what is your goal, and are you trying to Dual Boot?

Like what is "this"? meaning, what make and model of computer and Version of Chrome OS?

What commands did you run?  I assume to gain access to create Partitions to install Linux too.

Where did you find these commands? post the link please.

Processor Type

How much RAM

How big of HDD

And perhaps most important: Do you have a Backup Image of your system and or Important files if you are trying to dual boot?

One of the articles I read said that this process takes Fifteen Minutes, and it erases all your Local Data.

http://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/

Here is the official Documentation in case you need it

https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chromiumos-design-docs/developer-mode

pcpunk out!

Edited by pcpunk, 28 December 2015 - 11:50 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#3 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:46 AM

Supercloud15,  :welcome: to the Linux section of Bleeping Computer Forums! :thumbup2:

If you were to install Chrome by regular download, after signing in, would also need to create a passphrase if one hasn't been, this is how you move your data from one computer to another. Then open Settings > Extensions & place a check in Developer Mode at the top. 

Here's the downloads for Chrome, make sure to choose the bit version that matches your OS (usually one of the top two), after clicking 'Download Chrome'. 

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users