Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

QUESTION ABOUT FAVORITES LIST

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 aka rotten

aka rotten

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

SINCE DOWNLOADING WIN.10 COUPLE WEEKS BACK ,NO REAL PROBLEMS EXCEPT THIS 83 YEAR OLD DONT UNDERSTAND A LOT OF THE NEW THINGS,SO A FEW THINGS I SAVE I PUT ON FAVORITS LIST BUT I DONT SEEN TO BE ABLE TO GET THEM IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER LIKE I DID 7.WHAT AM I MISSING?PAUL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:45 PM

Paul,

Since there are a number of potential programs to which Favorites apply, could you please tell us exactly where you're trying to see favorites arranged alphabetically by name?

Also, unless it's for reasons of vision, which anyone will understand if you mention it, using all capital letters online is considered to be the equivalent of shouting and generally isn't done.  I can tell by your tone that's not what you're doing, but it's a convention worth mentioning and knowing that you need to say something if you're doing it because it's easier for you to see goes a long way toward preventing unintentionally ruffled feathers!

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 aka rotten

aka rotten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

I,m certainaly not angry, im old and have hard time with small print, Favorites bar I,m speaking of on right side of my windows 7 , home page that lists different forums I add to favorites including this one id like to have in alphabetical order, Seems like I can add them ok but cant  get them to be in order like 7 was. Hope that makes sense as computer wizard I,m not.Paul

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

You were probably using Internet Explorer on Windows 7 and you are probably using Edge on Windows 10. You can use Internet Explorer on your system, but you will have to go into the default program list and change from Edge to Internet Explorer.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

I suspect that Rocky is right and you're talking about the Favorites in Internet Explorer (particularly since you reference a home page).

I can't be of too terribly much help to you since I abandoned using Internet Explorer some years ago (using it only when I had to) and am pretty much the same with the new Edge browser.  I can't see any setting in Edge that allows you to set a default sort order for Favorites.  That exists in Firefox and it sounds like it does in Internet Explorer as well. 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

Purely for information, and for the benefit of anybody else who has visual problems, you can change the apparent size of text in at least Firefox and Internet Explorer quite easily -

To make it larger - Ctrl+ '+'

To make it smaller - Ctrl + '-'

And if you are writing posts, you can always select a larger font size by clicking on the font size box at the top of the post box.

The default size is 14 point, the above line was written in 18 point.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

Chris,

I use the Ctrl+Plus Sign and Ctrl+Minus Sign commands in Firefox with regularity with my clients who have visual impairments.  What's nice (and can be a pain, too) is that Firefox will remember your chosen magnification settings for a given webpage (and by that I mean a precise URL) and will automatically present it at whatever level you used when you last visited it.

Chrome has a Zoom control built in under its "hamburger menu" at the upper left that includes incremental increase/decrease and a "go back to 100%" feature built right in.  Windows also allows quite a few tweaks in relation to accessibility and includes a magnifier function.   Anyone with vision difficulties (or even who wants something just a bit larger) had ought to take a look at the Windows Ease of Access Center and/or Personalization options that allow slight enlargement of text everywhere.

~ Mark Twain

#8 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:25 AM

SINCE DOWNLOADING WIN.10 COUPLE WEEKS BACK ,NO REAL PROBLEMS EXCEPT THIS 83 YEAR OLD DONT UNDERSTAND A LOT OF THE NEW THINGS,SO A FEW THINGS I SAVE I PUT ON FAVORITS LIST BUT I DONT SEEN TO BE ABLE TO GET THEM IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER LIKE I DID 7.WHAT AM I MISSING?PAUL

If you referring to your Bookmarks list with windows 10 Edge browser, you have to manually arrange the list. It will not automatically alphabetize. The easiest way to arrange is click/drag a Bookmark to the desired position and hit the "enter" button.

Edited by Artbuc, 28 December 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#9 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:28 AM

Test.

#10 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:01 AM

If you referring to your Bookmarks list with windows 10 Edge browser, you have to manually arrange the list. It will not automatically alphabetize. The easiest way to arrange is click/drag a Bookmark to the desired position and hit the "enter" button.

Or just change web browsers.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#11 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

This works for IE in Windows 10. Edge doesn't have that functionality, yet, so it might be wise to stick with IE until Edge finishes cooking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users