Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lil.help from you gents

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aka rotten

aka rotten

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:59 AM

WIFES C RUNNING WINDOWS 7 THIS MORNING LITTLE SPEAKER ICON STOPPED SHOWING UP ON SCREEN.SO NEEDLESS TO SAY SHE SAYS I DONE IT.WHERE AND HOW DO WE FIND OUT HOW TO TURN IT ON AGAIN,WAS WORKING FINE YESTERDAY.SURE IT SOMETHING SIMPLE BUT IM A PC DUMMY.SHELL THINK IM A WIZZARD IF I CAN HELP HER GET IT WORKING.THANKS,PAUL,FORGIVE LARGE LETTERS BUT I,M OLD AND BLIND.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

Open the Control Panel and select Notification Area Icons.

Check to see that the speaker icon is On.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 aka rotten

aka rotten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

Open the Control Panel and select Notification Area Icons.

Check to see that the speaker icon is On.

WELL KIND SIR THAT WORKED,SPEAKER WAS OFF,WORKING NOW.RECON WHAT COULD HAVE TURED THEM OFF AS IT HASNT HAPPENED EVER BEFORE.I KNOW I HAVENT FOOLED WITH CONTROL PANEL AT ALL.THANKS AGAIN.PAUL

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

Maybe Santa couldn't resist playing with new technology.  It can get to be very boring in the off season, so maybe he's thinking of playing games. :whistle:

I'm glad it was a simple repair.  You were worried about the wife accusing you of doing this.  Turn the tables. :P  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

When you click on the speaker and it pops up, notice the small speaker a the bottom of the popup.  Click on it to mute or un mute.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 aka rotten

aka rotten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

Maybe Santa couldn't resist playing with new technology.  It can get to be very boring in the off season, so maybe he's thinking of playing games. :whistle:

I'm glad it was a simple repair.  You were worried about the wife accusing you of doing this.  Turn the tables. :P  

I COULDENT DO THAT,SHES BIGGER THEN ME ,AND 24 YEARS YOUNGER,THANKA AGAIN.PAUL

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

Cradle robber Eh!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic