Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Artist Platinum and Vista

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Blequi

Blequi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:12 AM

Print Artist Platinum won't load on my laptop with vista. Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Make and model of laptop ?  Which variant of Vista are you using ?

According to the system requirements for this software it should certainly run on Vista. Couple of possibilities. It requires, by the look of it, at least 180+ MB of space on your hard drive - do you have this much ?  If you previously had it installed, or if you have tried to install it, you may have fragments still on your system which are preventing a new install. Try uninstalling it through 'Control panel - Programs and features' or try the Revo uninstaller - a free download from BC - which you can get here -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

#3 Blequi

Blequi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

Its Vista Home

Laptop is Aspire 5050

Plenty of room on new toshiba external drive D:

I keep getting this message:The wizard was interrupted before Print Artist Platinum 25 could be installed.  Your system has not been modified.  To complete the installation at another time, please run setup again.    

Thanks

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

Try the following. Right click your exe installer file. Select Properties and click on the Unblock button.

Edit: Then right click and select Run As Administrator.

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 December 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#5 Blequi

Blequi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:40 AM

Sorry, I can't locate the exe.installer file.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,658 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:39 AM

Was this a download or is the software on a CD? If on a CD exit out of the install if it starts automatically when you insert the disk. Double click Computer, right click your optical drive and select Explore. The install file should be a exe file called setup or something similar. 

#7 Blequi

Blequi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

Did it, still won't install. Still get message Wizard was interrupted befor completion. System has not been modified.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,658 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:43 AM

Have you tried disabling your Security Software before the install? If it still does not install try installing using the Hidden Administrator Account. Open an elevated command prompt. Type CMD in the search box and Right Click > Run as Administrator. Type the following command.

net user administrator /active:yes

log out and you should see another account called Administrator. If not reboot. Login to the Administrator account and try the install. If that does not work it's possible the installer is corrupted. After you try installing then logout of Administrator. Login to your other account. Open an elevated command prompt and type.

net user administrator /active:no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users