Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.AVI file, only sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SamHandwich1

SamHandwich1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:27 AM

Hi all, new to here and not particularly the most tech savvy person around. Anyway, last night I recorded my wife and baby daughter on skype (im based overseas) using ZD soft screen recorder.

Went to play the video today and I'm absolutely gutted that there is only sound! Theres a split second at the start of the video before the screen goes black but the sound continues. I've been trawling the web for hours looking for a solution but have got nothing.

Here is the media info:

General Complete name : F:\Jen original\Rec001.avi Format : AVI Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave File size : 30.9 MiB Duration : 29mn 12s Overall bit rate : 148 Kbps Writing application : Lavf55.33.100

Video ID : 0 Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format profile : High@L4.1 Format settings, CABAC : Yes Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames Codec ID : H264 Duration : 29mn 12s Bit rate : 6 185 bps Width : 780 pixels Height : 660 pixels Display aspect ratio : 1.182 Frame rate mode : Variable Frame rate : 25.000 fps Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Progressive Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.000 Stream size : 1.29 MiB (4%) Writing library : x264 core 142 r2431 ac76440 Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x3 / me=dia / subme=1 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

Audio ID : 1 Format : AAC Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Format profile : LC Codec ID : FF Duration : 29mn 12s Bit rate : 128 Kbps Channel(s) : 2 channels Channel positions : Front: L R Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz Frame rate : 43.066 fps (1024 spf) Compression mode : Lossy Stream size : 26.8 MiB (87%) Alignment : Split accross interleaves Interleave, duration : 23 ms (0.58 video frame)

Any help will be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

Hi SamHandwich1 and welcome to BC,

I probably won't be much help here (I don't know the program)

But what are you using to play the avi file (windows media player etc)

Hedge

Edit:-  After posting this went on my usual wonder around BC and came across this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600017/how-to-record-skype-video-call-on-windows-10/

I know its win 10 but its supposed to a web site so should work with any OS

Worth a read. 

Edited by hedgeley, 27 December 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#3 SamHandwich1

SamHandwich1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

Hi Hedge

Thanks for the response! Im definitely going to be using a different recorder in the future. Ive tried every single player you can think of but it seems my file save with only 1.2mb of actually video and the rest is just sound

This really annoyed me as its not often I get a good skype connection and it seems the crappy recorder I was using decided I just anted a sound file :(

oh well, live and learn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users