Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 update problem question.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cobrahd1999

cobrahd1999

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

Hello I don't know if any body else is having this problem or not., but here goes when I try to use my windows update in windows 7 all it does is keep searching and nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix it?
thanks for anyone's help

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 December 2015 - 08:33 PM.
moved from Windows 10 to Windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

The same thing happens to me also; I'm trying to figure out if it's on Microsoft's side or my side of "the aisle," of the 'Net.  I had to X-close it, to stop the unending process.  I'm posting, "flagging this thread," so that I can listen in and learn alongside you.  Out of three computers, Windows Updates work just fine; only one has a problem.

Edited by RolandJS, 26 December 2015 - 08:34 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

Are you talking about the upgrade process to Windows 10 that shows up in the system tray under Windows 7?

If so, the first thing I'd do is to run the Compatibility Checker if you can access it before doing anything else.  If the machine passes, you would probably be best served by downloading the correct version of Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool and do the upgrade that way. 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 cobrahd1999

cobrahd1999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:04 PM

Are you talking about the upgrade process to Windows 10 that shows up in the system tray under Windows 7?

If so, the first thing I'd do is to run the Compatibility Checker if you can access it before doing anything else.  If the machine passes, you would probably be best served by downloading the correct version of Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool and do the upgrade that way. 

No in windows 7 the windows update in the control panel. Just keeps searching, maybe it is a Microsoft issue..

#5 cobrahd1999

cobrahd1999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:07 PM

The same thing happens to me also; I'm trying to figure out if it's on Microsoft's side or my side of "the aisle," of the 'Net.  I had to X-close it, to stop the unending process.  I'm posting, "flagging this thread," so that I can listen in and learn alongside you.  Out of three computers, Windows Updates work just fine; only one has a problem.

At first it didn't on 2 and then its only working now on one did nothing to the other and started working strange uh...

Edited by cobrahd1999, 26 December 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#6 wfallon

wfallon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:15 AM

MS servers are extremely busy, what with Win 10 updates and new PC's for Christmas.

If you have anymore problems, do the ISO, quicker and you have a fresh copy of Win 10 laying around for emergencies:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Bill

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working - http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/  

Louis

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,481 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 cobrahd1999

cobrahd1999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

I turned windows update off. Then I was able to update windows 10 using the media download on a flash drive. Now I have windows 10..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users