Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

media player for streaming with closed caption for hearing impaired

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff10802

Jeff10802

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:04 PM

I sure wish someone here either knew of or would communicate to the sites that stream movies and tv shows to please add closed captions for hearing impaired people like me. Besides that, the movies and shows are recorded at a lower volume it seems because how loud they play it in the movie theaters. Perhaps someone would be interested in writing a program for such a player because I cannot use vlc to stream my media. Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by hamluis, 27 December 2015 - 10:50 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:16 AM

Here's a link showing how to enable subtitles in VLC. 

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2363620/enable-subtitles-vlc.html

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:45 AM

Although I am not hearing impaired I use closed captions pretty consistently.  All of the major TV networks that put up full episodes for streaming have the option to enable closed captions and most allow you to change various qualities about them such as font used, color, background color, opacity, etc.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users