Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell power/battery problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

So I have an old Dell Latitude D610 laptop that when unplugged it completely shuts down, it acts as if it has no battery in it at all. I got a new battery for it and at first it seem to be working good, however it is back to doing the same thing all over again now. I'm not sure what information is needed so please let me know and I will get it posted right away.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

Does your battery appear in the taskbar?
Check to see if the connection between the battery and laptop is broken.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

It was in the taskbar when I first put the new battery I'm not seeing it now. Not sure if this means anything but I went to control panel, power options, power meter and it lists total battery power remaining 100%

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

When you pop out the battery, does it look like any of the terminals are corroded, bent or missing? That could be the culprit.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

Everything looks ok, but something interesting, the battery has an indicator, and I pressed the button and it says its not charged at all.

#6 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

Strange. For some reason your battery isn't being charged. i would return the battery if possible.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

Since I took the battery out and put it back in under power option it now says that they battery is dead and is charging, however it still isn't showing up in the taskbar. I'm going to guess that part of it was that maybe the battery wasn't in all the way? But I still don't know why its not in the taskbar.

#8 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:52 PM

So I found out that the option for the icon in the taskbar had somehow been turned off. It's turned back on now and showing. And the battery seems to be charging and working since I pulled it out and put it back in. If it happens again ill repost.
Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users