Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locking up on the net, then getting kicked off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 furpurrs

furpurrs

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

I was on my computer and clicked on a pop-up that said Microsoft. Long story short, my anti-virus had expired ( unknown to me at the time ) and I ended up with a virus that totally shut down my computer. A friend said he did a re-install of Windows 7 without removing any of the data from my computer. My computer has been extremely slow and makes this odd double click sound when I boot it up.

I usually listen to music while working on the computer, or even let it run in the background. This is now impossible to do, as the music will freeze up within 5-10 minutes ( sometimes less ).  When I leave the site and return, the same thing happens or it totally kicks me

off the net, saying you are not connected to the internet. In which case I reboot and the process starts all over again. This also

happens with sites on the net, where no 'streaming' is involved.  ( This is my THIRD time now trying to post this message ).

I've had two different anti-virus programs installed, ran both and neither have indicated that I have a virus. I am pretty sure the

virus is still on here, I just have no idea where to start in what I know will be a very long and frustrating process.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jinxiang

jinxiang

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:37 AM

I was on my computer and clicked on a pop-up that said Microsoft. Long story short, my anti-virus had expired ( unknown to me at the time ) and I ended up with a virus that totally shut down my computer. A friend said he did a re-install of Windows 7 without removing any of the data from my computer. My computer has been extremely slow and makes this odd double click sound when I boot it up.

I usually listen to music while working on the computer, or even let it run in the background. This is now impossible to do, as the music will freeze up within 5-10 minutes ( sometimes less ).  When I leave the site and return, the same thing happens or it totally kicks me

off the net, saying you are not connected to the internet. In which case I reboot and the process starts all over again. This also

happens with sites on the net, where no 'streaming' is involved.  ( This is my THIRD time now trying to post this message ).

I've had two different anti-virus programs installed, ran both and neither have indicated that I have a virus. I am pretty sure the

virus is still on here, I just have no idea where to start in what I know will be a very long and frustrating process.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi!

AntiVirus Issue

It's advisable to have only one antivirus software per PC as there will be a conflict within the 2 of which you have. After that you may want to scan your PC. You may try malwarebytes if you need an antivirus @this address https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/ 

Windows Issue

I presume your friend just did an overlapping windows 7 installation and you still has the windows.old folder. But nevertheless, you may wish go to cmd and run sfc /scannow and see whether is there any corruption going on.

**Having a slow PC may have the following problems....

- Virus/Trojans attack

- Windows file corruption

- Low RAM

Thanks.

#3 furpurrs

furpurrs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:28 AM

I should have been more clear, I only run one anti-virus program at a time.

I tried your instructions for scanning the computer and it just closed the window after I typed in the command. *sigh*

#4 furpurrs

furpurrs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:51 AM

LOVELY, the latest and more annoying issue ... in an attempt to print a document, I get a message that says printer in use by another computer.

Well I am the only one using this damn computer and this damn printer ( sorry my frustration level has pretty much peaked ). So after THREE failed  

attempts to print this doc, I shut down my $%&#@ computer, start it up and guess what ....YUP the doc prints THREE times. GGGGGAAAAHHHH :flame:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users