Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Neglected on Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

In case you're wondering why I'm posting this topic it is because the last few topics that I posted on this site were neglected. The most recent topics that were neglected were about-
1 Steam not getting a signal from my Turtle Beach Wireless USB headset.
2 My Elgato Game Capture having a Code 52 error.
The reason I post topics like that on this site is because I need all of your help on how to fix it but no all I get as viewers are guests. I mean doesn't anyone take time to view these topics and try to help at least? Even the admins who should be experts at this should be taking time to help us out. Because of this I'm taking several hours going on Google to search for answers which may not even be answers. Hopefully many of us users will be taken seriously and I know that if you're reading this then don't just leave please because many threads out there seek help including my past 2 neglected threads. Please don't neglect this either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:41 PM

You asked the same question back in July.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582692/why-do-too-many-people-ignore-and-neglect-many-including-my-threads-on-this-site/

The answers won't be any different.

Even the admins who should be experts at this should be taking time to help us out.

This isn't how it works. Most often, Admins are named to handle the forum/website behind the scene and act as a representative for the site/forum in public. Animal is a Site Admin who also takes the time to assist a lot of users here with various issues. Grinler (Site Owner) is very, very active when it comes to malware so you can be sure that if a new Cryptoware or malware is being discovered, he'll be the first one investigating it. Take a look at the threads where people report new malware, he's all over them.

Also, I think you wrongly use the term "neglect" here. If you were indeed neglected, your threads will have close to 0 views. Didn't it occur to you that no one knows what your problem is or what the solution is? I see that you're asking questions related to specific software and hardware, not a lot of users here might have the same setup as you, so they might not know how to assist you either.

Personally, I can always try to assist in your threads and throw 1-2 solutions, but I'll just be shooting blindly and I feel like I would make you waste your time more than anything else.

To sum it up, no one is neglecting your threads here. I understand where you're coming from, but no one here, no one, have an answer to everything.

Edit: I just saw that someone answered your thread about your Turle Beach Wireless USB Headset issue, but you never replied.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597331/steam-detects-mic-but-wont-detect-sound-coming-from-it/?view=findpost&p=3871147

So someone did help you, but you didn't reply to him, maybe that's why people weren't answering either, because they thought you were gone.

Edited by Aura, 25 December 2015 - 09:47 PM.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

You asked the same question back in July.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582692/why-do-too-many-people-ignore-and-neglect-many-including-my-threads-on-this-site/The answers won't be any different.

Even the admins who should be experts at this should be taking time to help us out.

This isn't how it works. Most often, Admins are named to handle the forum/website behind the scene and act as a representative for the site/forum in public. Animal is a Site Admin who also takes the time to assist a lot of users here with various issues. Grinler (Site Owner) is very, very active when it comes to malware so you can be sure that if a new Cryptoware or malware is being discovered, he'll be the first one investigating it. Take a look at the threads where people report new malware, he's all over them.Also, I think you wrongly use the term "neglect" here. If you were indeed neglected, your threads will have close to 0 views. Didn't it occur to you that no one knows what your problem is or what the solution is? I see that you're asking questions related to specific software and hardware, not a lot of users here might have the same setup as you, so they might not know how to assist you either.Personally, I can always try to assist in your threads and throw 1-2 solutions, but I'll just be shooting blindly and I feel like I would make you waste your time more than anything else.To sum it up, no one is neglecting your threads here. I understand where you're coming from, but no one here, no one, have an answer to everything.

I don't like to put threads like this one up but I start to see this as an issue as Google may not always have the answers which leads to me posting threads asking for help which then leads to people trying to help out. If no one is even trying to help out then it means that there is frustration as it forces the person who put the thread up try to do it themselves which is not always helpful.

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:54 PM

Please stop. There are people attempting to help, however nothing is instant. I will take a look at your threads.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

Admins and other staff are just like members in that they/we are not experts in everything. There is NO staff member who "knows it all".

So how can they/we help you/anyone else if they/we don't have a clue about your issue?

Another point: there are more members than staff. Members are more likely to see posts before an admin/other staff member. Take a look through the forum and you will see that members are usually the first to respond to new help topics.

That also applies to members-in order to help they must have knowledge about issues and problems.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:48 AM

I forgot to mention in my post above:

1) Aura pointed out that you did receive a reply to your Turtle Beach USB wireless mic issue. The reply was made 3 hours and 33 minutes AFTER your intial post. It is up to YOU to check your topics and follow up. I'm puzzled as to why you think it was "neglected" when that is not the case.

2) Regarding your Elgato Game Capture topic: 2 hours and 40 minutes after your post you concluded it was also "neglected". You focused on the number of views which is irrelevant. In addition, many members are celebrating the holiday today and their priorities do not include Bleeping Computer. Putting it bluntly you did not wait long enough for a reply before you complained about not receiving any.

This is a forum.
No one is sitting in front of a computer monitoring it, looking for new topics so an immediate response can be given. Everyone here has a real life outside BC. You have to be patient and wait for someone to help you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 December 2015 - 12:53 AM.

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:20 AM

I find complaints like this one pretty astounding as someone who's been participating in online forums for decades now.

It is entirely possible, yes it is, that one of several things has happened:

-  you are the first person encountering the very specific problem you have - hence no one has a ready solution

-  there is no one reading your thread(s) who happens to have any useful suggestions to offer because the issue is outside their range of experience, even as far as offering a SWAG as a starting point

- the others who've read your thread either are having the same trouble you are, and are no further along, or are reading the thread because they take a look at a lot of threads that they have a loose interest in

I've asked many a question on forums that has never gotten answered and I've faced the frustration of having to "figure it out for myself" if I can figure it out at all.  If you're expecting prompt assistance on each and every issue you ever post to online forums an are going to get really upset if they're not forthcoming then you really need to reconsider what you're doing and understand that your asking something does not obligate anyone to answer (although most of the time, if someone can, they will).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users