Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot watch youtube (just black)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kabo0m

Kabo0m

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

The short of it: Youtube will not play videos on my netbook in Firefox. 

The long of it: Just upgraded a few weeks ago from XP to Windows 7 Starter and installed Firefox. I can't figure out how to get Youtube to play videos. Never had this problem in any other versions of Windows so I was wondering if it is related to starter or an issue with my Firefox in particular. I updated my Firefox but it made no difference. I checked all plugins and they are all up to date.

JUCfSJ9.png

MORJ7lz.png

DESKTOP - Main Rig:   Passmark & Mobo  (Manual) &  my Speccy (Video card is Radeon 7770) & 4Gb DDR2 RAM
NETBOOK:   PC: Acer Aspire ONE (D250 10.1")    //   CPU: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz   RAM: 2.0 GB  DDR2
Video Card: Intel® GMA 950 (256Mb)     OS:   Windows 7 Starter 32-bit SP1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

Try disabling NoScript.

#3 Kabo0m

Kabo0m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:27 PM

Already did. I had to install a different version of flash and reboot even though it had said I had the lastest version. Works now.

DESKTOP - Main Rig:   Passmark & Mobo  (Manual) &  my Speccy (Video card is Radeon 7770) & 4Gb DDR2 RAM
NETBOOK:   PC: Acer Aspire ONE (D250 10.1")    //   CPU: Intel® Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz   RAM: 2.0 GB  DDR2
Video Card: Intel® GMA 950 (256Mb)     OS:   Windows 7 Starter 32-bit SP1

#4 Simkevin0905

Simkevin0905

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

Edited by Simkevin0905, 25 January 2016 - 12:19 AM.

#5 Hauberk

Hauberk

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:11 AM

The Firefox working with HTML5 for Youtube videos on their site. This problem shown when downloading a newer version of Firefox. 

You can download older one or Uninstall it then Install anther one, This may let Firefox to let HTML5 work.

Also there is a way you can force Firefox to run Flash Player from adobe. Just after installing this extension it will work;

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-video-player/

This should solve the problem. If not check your extensions and list it for us to see if that root of problem.

Edited by Hauberk, 25 January 2016 - 03:12 AM.

#6 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

The short of it: Youtube will not play videos on my netbook in Firefox. 

The long of it: Just upgraded a few weeks ago from XP to Windows 7 Starter and installed Firefox. I can't figure out how to get Youtube to play videos. Never had this problem in any other versions of Windows so I was wondering if it is related to starter or an issue with my Firefox in particular. I updated my Firefox but it made no difference. I checked all plugins and they are all up to date.

JUCfSJ9.png

MORJ7lz.png

I had this problem for a while seems to me it was after an update - anyway I grumbled and griped about it and then within a day it worked - don't know why it quit working or why it started again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users