Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Installation Help. (Desperate)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bonkadonk

Bonkadonk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

Okay so my PC kept freezing on boot so tried a factory reset and froze during that so then i have finally managed to put a fresh windows 7 onto a USB and as I have booted up into the install screen I have been asked where I would like to install it with these 4 options

Disk 0 Partition 1: PQSERVICE
Disk 0 Partition 2: System reserved
Disk 0 Partition 3: Packard Bell
Disk 0 Partition 4

Partiton 1: Total size (13gb) free(4.1gb) type: OEM (Reserved)

Partition 2: Total(100mb) free(67mb) type: System

Partition 3: Total (459GB) Free (433.8GB)Type: Primary

Partition 4: Total (459.5GB) free (459.1GB) Type: Primary

My question is, what should I select, or delete or change. Basically can someone give me instructions from here please. Thank you a lot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

Hi Bonkadonk and Welcome to BC!

Disk 0 Partition 1: PQSERVICE This is most likely the factory recovery partition. You do not want to overwrite this partition. You can use this option from within Windows to install Windows and original software and make your computer just as you took it out of the box when new.

Disk 0 Partition 2: System reserved This partition is created by windows. Do not disturb this partition.

Disk 0 Partition 3: Packard Bell This is most likely the partition where your Current Windows Installation resides. (You can use delete and install a new copy of Windows here) See note below.

Disk 0 Partition 4 This is most likely an additional partition you may use for file storage seperate from your Windows Installation.

Note: If you have a backup of your data from your current installation I would delete Disk 0 Partition 3 and install Windows there.

Best of luck and Please keep BC informed

Old Rocker :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users