Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard and monitor problems?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 runnermtxe

runnermtxe

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

I was playing a game on steam yesterday, and my keyboard stopped working all of the sudden. So I decided to turn it off and go back on later, but I had to turn it off during the game (I could not exit without using the keyboard). Later on, I turned it back on and the computer started as normal but the monitor was not receiving from the HDMI and the keyboard still wasn't working (mouse still works). I checked everything inside and the plugs are all tight and fine. I took out the ram sticks and put them back in, I tried unplugging the power cord and tried it the next morning and troubleshooted almost every part. I'm not sure how this happened, so if anyone has any advice help would be appreciated. Also, the computer shut off when I unplugged my printer USB from it. I bought it from cyberpowerpc if that makes any difference (their customer service is terrible).
Specs:
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: Thermaltake Core V71 Extreme Full-Tower Gaming case w/ Fully Modular HDD cages & Side-Panel Window [+78]
CASUPGRADE: None
CC: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core i7-4790 3.60 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150
CS_FAN: Default case fans
DOCKINGSTATION: None
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)
FAN: V3 Voltair High Performance Thermoelectric CPU Cooler with TEC Technology [+47]
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU: None
HD_M2PCIE: None
HD_M2SATA: None
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
HS_HANGER: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MB_SRT: 64GB ADATA SP900 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 505 MB/s Write [+59] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory [+94] (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+29])
MONITOR: 32" Sceptre E325BV-FMD LED 1920 x 1080 HDTV HDMI DisplayPort Gaming Monitor [+229] (Single Monitor)
MOPAD: Corsair Gaming MM200 Mouse Mat - Standard Edition PN:CH-9000079-WW [+14]
MOTHERBOARD: * MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX w/ GIGABit LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 1x M.2, 6x SATA 6GB/s (All Venom OC Certified) [-2]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NFC: None
OS: Windows 8.1 (Free upgrade to Windows 10 when it is released) [+104]
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 1,600 Watts - LEPA G1600-MA 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular Power Supply [+177]
RUSH: Standard Process Time: Ship within 8 Business Day
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SLI_BRIDGE: EVGA Pro SLI Bridge V2 [2-Way SLI] [+25]
SOFT1: McAfee AntiVirus Plus [+0]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) [+137] (Dual Card (SLI) [+362])
WNC: None
WTV: None

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skov

Skov

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

easiest thing could be to try a restore point, if your able to run it through VGA or something instead of HDMI to see it anyways. As far as the hdmi you could try updating graphics drivers. Keyboard, not a clue why thats not working, tried another keyboard?

#3 runnermtxe

runnermtxe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

easiest thing could be to try a restore point, if your able to run it through VGA or something instead of HDMI to see it anyways. As far as the hdmi you could try updating graphics drivers. Keyboard, not a clue why thats not working, tried another keyboard?

I have a VGA and HDMI both connecting the computer to the monitor. I've tried another keyboard but I don't know if it works because I cannot see the screen (the monitor doesn't receive anything from the VGA/HDMI now). So I can't update drivers until I see it. The computer is about 4 months old.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

What is the operating system being used on this computer?

Do you have the installation disc?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 runnermtxe

runnermtxe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:15 PM

What is the operating system being used on this computer?

Do you have the installation disc?

Windows 10, and yes I do still have the disc.

#6 Skov

Skov

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

I have a VGA and HDMI both connecting the computer to the monitor. I've tried another keyboard but I don't know if it works because I cannot see the screen (the monitor doesn't receive anything from the VGA/HDMI now). So I can't update drivers until I see it. The computer is about 4 months old

So your not even getting like the initial loading screen with option for bios? tried onboard video instead of through the video card?

#7 runnermtxe

runnermtxe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:35 PM

I have a VGA and HDMI both connecting the computer to the monitor. I've tried another keyboard but I don't know if it works because I cannot see the screen (the monitor doesn't receive anything from the VGA/HDMI now). So I can't update drivers until I see it. The computer is about 4 months old

So your not even getting like the initial loading screen with option for bios? tried onboard video instead of through the video card?
I'm getting nothing at all. And how do I try onboard?

#8 Skov

Skov

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:21 PM

plug the monitor into the port actually on the motherboard instead of the video card slot

#9 runnermtxe

runnermtxe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

plug the monitor into the port actually on the motherboard instead of the video card slot

I just tried that and it did not work.

#10 Skov

Skov

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:43 PM

try another monitor if possible? i see you have a 32in TV as the monitor is it working on any other inputs? like menus and whatnot for the TV itself

#11 runnermtxe

runnermtxe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:48 PM

try another monitor if possible? i see you have a 32in TV as the monitor is it working on any other inputs? like menus and whatnot for the TV itself

I have a 38 inch TV that I hooked it up to but nothing showed. Not sure if it's just because the TV is too big or the same problem.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:29 AM

What is the make and model of the motherboard?

Does your motherboard have integrated video?  You would be able to tell by a VGA located in the rear area of the motherboard inputs.

Do you have another keyboard you can use?

Do you have a friend who would let you try your monitor on their computer to make sure it's working?

You should be able to use the TV, the resolution could be a problem, but it should still work.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#13 runnermtxe

runnermtxe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

What is the make and model of the motherboard?

Does your motherboard have integrated video?  You would be able to tell by a VGA located in the rear area of the motherboard inputs.

Do you have another keyboard you can use?

Do you have a friend who would let you try your monitor on their computer to make sure it's working?

You should be able to use the TV, the resolution could be a problem, but it should still work.

Motherboard is in the specs. And I have a VGA and HDMI connecting the computer to the monitor.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

I didn't see your motherboard listed.  Maybe because you listed everything you didn't have installed as well as what you did and I slept through this.

Your motherboard has integrated graphics.  Try this and see if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users