Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raymondo44

Raymondo44

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

I recently had this message pop up after trying to create a back up of 'C' drive using Macrium Reflect. I needed to do this because I had and still have the red cross flag on task bar saying 'Check your backup'.

I used Windows 7 back up to do this but the message still persisted.

Anyway, I created a back up on an external disk via USB3 enclosure (Inatek). (Still have the same message)

Thence upon restart I had the above message on boot up.

I used the WinRE repair and all seems OK, but I did get a message saying I was running out of disk space.

The presumably, boot sector now named 'G' drive is 100MB.

Is this sufficient for the purpose?

I tried to use MiniTools partition wizard to extend the volume but it said the minimum it would extend it would be 6GB (approx). Should I accept this size?

I attach screenshots of the current drive configuration.

Any help much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:25 AM

You should not have only 1MB free in the System Reserved Partition and it usually does not have a drive letter attached. Right Click Computer. Select Properties. In the left pane select System Protection. Under Protection Settings is System Restore enabled for drive G:? 

#3 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

Hi JohnC_21, Drive 'G' isn't listed in System Restore it seems.

Attached screenshot of the drives.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,582 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

I would leave it alone unless it starts being an issue. If it starts giving you trouble you could always delete the partition using the bootable Partition Wizard. Create a new NTFS partition, mark it active, then rebuild the BCD using your WinRE disk.

#5 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

Thanks so much for your information, I feel relieved but I may create a new partition after the holiday.

Merry Christmas!

#6 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:03 AM

Happy New Year to all.

Was still getting the message above, so decided to use MiniTools and delete partition and then rebuild with the Windows WINRE repair process. It wouldn't delete totally, so I tried a Disc Wipe.

Next, I inserted the Win7 setup disc and rebooted. The system went straight into the O/S! Due to ssd it was rapid! 

I checked My Computer and I had renamed the drive (in MiniTools) but it was still designated 'G' partition of now 99.9MB (78.1MB free). See attachment.

Since then I have not had any of the messages, so I suppose it's sorted?

Regards and thanks,

Raymondo44

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,582 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

Usually a drive letter is not assigned to the System Reserved Partition but If your computer is booting fine you are good to go. Just leave the System Reserved Partition as G:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users