Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need opinions on how to upgrade my very low PC

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:36 PM

Wait, does my build have PCIE

https://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/guide/mobo_pcie.jpg

PCIe x16 slot on that picture, your motherboard should have same. Check just to be sure. Googled your motherboard model and your build should have but ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

OptiPlex 780 SFF has 1 off PCI-e x16 slot & 1 off PCI slot (per Dell OptiPlex 780 Technical Guidebook).

Edited by rqt, 25 December 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#18 PleasehelpmeInew

PleasehelpmeInew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:32 AM

Thank you so much everyone especially rqt i got this    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HR7E4PQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 and if its not correct I can easily return it so no harm done :)

#19 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 392 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:48 AM

Unfortunately I suspect you might have a problem with this. Firstly this card appears to ship without the low profile brackets which I believe you will require to fit this to your machine. The brackets can be ordered separately so this is a soluble problem. The second is that I expect (based on OptiPlex 755 & 760 SFF experience) that the heat sink on this card may be far too large to fit in the space available - I think the hard disk mounting may prevent you from fitting it. 

#20 PleasehelpmeInew

PleasehelpmeInew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

I have checked measurements and it looks good and arrives tomorrow I will inform on outcome

#21 PleasehelpmeInew

PleasehelpmeInew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:17 PM

You're right it didnt fit I didn't anticipate how big the heatsink would be thats my money  now wasted going to have a go with Radeon 5450

#22 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 392 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

I can guarantee that the Asus cards like this fit (I have an Asus HD6450 card in an SFF OptiPlex 755):-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Radeon-Silent-Graphics-PCI-Express/dp/B004U4WYLU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1451237774&sr=8-3&keywords=hd5450

but unfortunately I can't be sure whether this includes the low profile end brackets you will need.

& I'm pretty sure the Sapphire card mentioned above will also fit. Look for a low profile card with a very compact heat sink & check with the supplier that comes with the low profile brackets - most Asus & Sapphire cards I've seen have them but some don't. Alternatively order the brackets as an extra. Also you could consider ebay - I've had used HD5450 cards complete with low profile brackets included for under £12 delivered.

Edited by rqt, 27 December 2015 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users